Sunday, March 30, 2008

Just the facts, Ma'am.

Have you ever been surprised at how someone famous looks in real life? Now I haven't seen too many celebrities, and I'll be honest... sometimes I'm happy about that - but the people that I know that have seen movie stars say they're a lot shorter than they think. Skinnier too. 

I have seen my fair share of musicians live, though, and I'll tell you something - I find them much taller than I assumed they would be. Ben Gibbard (puts on a great show) is a very tall man. I was impressed! I saw Harvey Danger last month (another amazing show) and found the lead singer, Sean Nelson, to be a Goliath of a man. 

It's funny how the movies blow up tiny people to larger-than-life silver screen and music takes these large people and big sounds and squeezes them into a CD or even a sound file. 

On another note, of all the "You suck and need to change" reality shows out there, I feel that "Nanny 911" is the best. Other shows are about outward style or appearance, but this show says "seriously, things need to change or your life is going to suck for... you know... ever." 

No comments: