Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Juicy Confessions


It's okay, you can laugh. To the left is one of the most frightening images I have ever seen in my life. That's right, ladies and gentlemen, I am terrified of whales. 

I was chastised by a friend the other day when I confessed my paralyzing fear. She told me it was foolish, that whales eat things smaller than I can see. I told her that didn't matter, I was still scare out of my scuba gear when it came to these gentle giants (OF TERROR).

I explained (or at least tried) that it's really not a question of being eaten. That wouldn't be so bad, kind of a warm, squishy jacuzzi that was eating away at my flesh— that's how I imagine a whale's stomach to act at least. It's not a rational fear of whales, not at all. I think what I'm really afraid of is just... large things in water. Oh, and coffins, but that's a different story for a different time!

What is it about water? I'm not afraid of say, a mountain, but if it was underwater... if I couldn't see all of it? Gee whiz, that's scary. Giant squids? They haunt my dreams. Submarines? They haunt my waking hours. I admit, perhaps that was an exaggeration, but really, large, dark things underwater— well I think I've made my point. 

Is it a phobia? I looked it up, I think it's called: "bigwetthingaphobia" which personally, I think is terribly unoriginal. 

Golly, doesn't that scare you? I'm on a roll now.


Really, I'm not sure what this is... I think it's a submarine, all I know for sure is that I am quivering.

Now you know how to scare me. Just put me in a large pool of water with... something else and presto! Terrified Kyle. Enjoy it, jerk. Then go scare some kids, since you love it so much. 

5 comments:

Anney said...

I am afraid of butterflies.
At least whales are large, ominous, and can eat you...

...however, I like whales - but giant squids have to go!

Anonymous said...

I think you must have seen Titanic at too impressionable of an age. You know, big icebergs in the water that just look cute and small on the surface!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

My god I agree!
I had dreams about being attacked by a great white shark for an entire week.
I sometimes cannot bring ymself to put my head under water...

Anonymous said...

whoaa!!! what's with the scuba diver and the giant what-so-ever giant creature?? is that real? what's that thing called? let me know please. thanks. =D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad someone else has this! I'm not necessarily scared of large things under water, but they freak me out!

I've always thought, I'd be terrified if I fell in a shipyard with all those rudders etc underneath me!!