Monday, May 5, 2008


Well I'm here again, I know you've all been clawing at your computer screens waiting for another post. I give it gladly.

So I have a question. Do you ever invent people?

Yes, I know "people" have already been invented, that's not how I mean that. And no, I'm not talking about characters for your stories or what have you. No, no, no—

What I mean is, have you ever met someone, not known much about them, and then just create this person that you kind of assume that they are, and base all of your interactions or thoughts about them around this fictional character you've created?

I know I have!

It's very dangerous, if you haven't figured that out already. You might create a person that you think is rather detestable, unwelcoming. You might avoid them and say things about or to them that they very much don't deserve. Man, you're a jerk. 
Or the complete opposite might happen! You meet someone and your first impression of them is that they're the bee's knees. Then you don't get to talk to them, or you don't see them for a while, and this first impression keeps layering itself on this person that you hope they are, and before you know it, you've created this Greek god of a person that can do no wrong! How disappointed you will be. Oh, so tragic. 

I don't really have a way to end this, so enjoy the original LOLCAT over there. 

No comments: